Figuring out what emails to send to your list can be overwhelming, especially if you’re really trying to offer value and not just sell, sell sell. I’ve rounded up my eight favorite and top-performing emails and given you a little bit of inspiration for what to include!
- Behind the Scenes: Make your subscribers feel special and like they are in on the best-kept secret around. Share what you’re working on. Or an announcement on something launching soon. You could also share a behind the scenes look at your process (whatever that may be).
- FAQ: If you get asked the same question fairly often, you can leverage those questions into email blasts, just a few at a time!
- Insider Tips: Give your email list access to your top tips as a creator, something you’re not sharing on any of your other platforms.
- Storytimes/Mini-Blogs: You’d be surprised, but people love to hear other people’s stories! Share a little bit of yourself and leverage for their benefit.
- Round-Ups: Sometimes I’ll just throw a bunch of my most favorite things (playlists, makeup, Amazon finds, books, etc) and send it out in an email. I’m always looking for a good tip, so it’s nice when they just show up in your inbox.
- Feedback Invitation: It might feel a little intimidating, but giving your subscribers the opportunity to dialogue with you and tell you what they want can work wonders for your strategy (and give you the opportunity to majorly expand on this list!)
- Surprise Freebies: You’ve already gotten them on board with your opt-in, but it’s always nice to have free stuff drop in your email. You can recycle an old freebie, send them a discount code, or even share a giveaway you’re running!
- Recent Content RoundUp: You would be shocked how many people aren’t seeing the content you’re constantly putting out, so every once in a while it’s not a bad idea to round it all up into an email and let people know what you’ve been posting on Instagram, sharing on your blog, or talking about anywhere else!
Looking to get your email list off the ground? Sign up for the Email is King Workshop and learn my five steps to leveling up your email game!