SHOW NOTES: EP. 116
Zim Flores joins Blake to talk about seasons – ones of hardship, abundance, seeking, and struggle, and how they all have a purpose because growth demands change. Listen in as they chat about how to surrender your desired outcomes to God, move forward after broken friendships, & find comfort during your darkest hours. Zim Flores is serial entrepreneur, a Forbes “30 Under 30” awardee who has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, and more. Her most recent book Dare to Bloom released December 8th and is available now.
Zim and I chat about:
- How to surrender your desired outcomes to God because his plan is always so much better than ours,
- How to move forward after broken friendships,
- Why we struggle to move on when seasons change, and
- What story from the bible Zim used to get through her darker hours
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Get Zim’s new book, Dare to Bloom, here!
- Find Zim here and on Instagram
- Stay informed with the news without feeling discouraged by signing up for The Pour Over!
- Get your 30 day free trial of Audible HERE
- If this episode was helpful to you, would you write a review on Apple Podcasts? It’s so helpful to us! You can do that here!
- Don’t miss our last episode with John William Gray
More about Zim Flores:
Named a leader using her voice and talent to elevate humanity by Oprah Winfrey, Zim Flores (née Ugochukwu) is the founder of Italicist, an online styling service that helps women discover modest clothing they love, without the time commitment. Previously she was the CEO of Travel Noire, a boutique travel company reaching millions of travelers each month. In 2017 she sold the company to pursue Christ.
A serial entrepreneur, Zim is a Forbes “30 Under 30” awardee who has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, ELLE, Glamour, The Nation, Essence, and NPR, among others. She often writes in faraway places and lives with her husband in Illinois.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you choose to purchase from clicking on the link, I will receive a small commission from the seller at no cost to you. I only share products I have used and love. Thank you for supporting the show in this way!